Important Announcement

Haphazard moved to a new home.. Feel free to visit :) http://www.loukay.com

Status Update

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, January 16, 2010

    Blaming it on the Rain again..


    I don't know how many of you watched this comedy show, yesterday on Etha'at show on MBC with Turki Al-Dakheel , because it sure was entertaining seeing a confused authority figure carry around A2 cardboards with pretty little Jeddah maps printed on them.. There was more time put into the design of these boards, than in him preparing for the heaps of questions asked on the interview (seemed more like grilling, and it hit many good spots).. And he nearly failed with his stuttering, not knowing what to answer or what to politically avoid..







    At the beginning of the interview, Minister Abdullah Al-Hussayen clearly states that the floods were "a 100 times" more than the sewage system can handle.. Ok, for future reference, remember this point he said as POINT A..


    He continues, jumping from one board to another, showing different diagrams (and satellite images as PROOF) that the floods were a combinations of mistakes, from many other divisions other than his, and he was swearing on TV that he didn't waste the government's money (someone's afraid to get sacked, to actually NOT use valid documents to prove it, but to swear he didn't do it).. He then showed the diagram which actually made me laugh in the middle of the family lunch I was at..


    “The sewerage system covers only 20 percent of the Jeddah city. The ministry is striving to cover more areas,” let's call this POINT B..


    Now, if you followed my past articles on this issue, I published a scanned picture of a Newspaper clipping of when was the infrastructure system SUPPOSEDLY starting to initiate, 30+ years ago.. this is POINT C..


    If you take POINT A, cross check it with POINT B, and then glance quickly at POINT C, this would = Bullsh*t.. Glorious Bullsh*t..


    Because it seems odd that you'd complain about how the rain floods were MORE than what we can handle, and then mention gracefully that 20% of the city has infrastructure.. Huge floods vs. little/none infrastructure.. Really?!


    To top it up, he keeps on mentioning how the investigative committee should focus on the administrations before him (linking all the faults done all the way until POINT C), and then say that his ministry is not to blame..


    Questions surface.. How long have you been in that office of yours? (Oath renewal on 2007 Arab Summit?) And since Sewage, as you stated Mr. Minister, falls under your area of expertise, It didn't come across your brain ONCE that 20% in a city of 20+ million people is a bit of a small number? And then you blame the Rain?? Did you make sure you sacrifice a goat too?


    And how big is that sewage treatment plant? I mean, really? not big enough to process the waste being moved around the city for the past weeks? Or did it fall under "it's an issue to look after, but I won't raise any flags.. I don't need the hassle.. It didn't rain when they were in charge, and I don't think it would rain on me" kind of situation? (specific situation lol)


    If out officials are good in anything (most of them) they're good at Hot Potato.. yesterday was the National Championship on MBC, hope you didn't miss it (and i embedded it incase you did :D)..


    As a reminder, It's YOUR job to make sure things go according to schedule, and It's YOUR job to make sure things are carried out properly, either that started on your era, or those before you, because it's the same ministry, but with a different personality.. it's not a new ministry with each new minister, I can assure you.. (I like at the end of the interview when he said, it's the Amana's responsibility, not the Ministry's)..





    This is only the first part of the interview.. Click here for Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 and Part 5.. However, it's in arabic and there's no english subtitles (sorry)..




    ..Would it kill to acknowledge the incompetence?




    Yours,
    Lou..


    p.s. I don't know why the spacing between paragraph is screwed up.. Can't figure blogspot on this one..

    2 comments:

    1. Today, I went to the beach front with my children. I found
      a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put
      the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her
      ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic
      but I had to tell someone!

      Also visit my website home cellulite treatment

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hey! I understand this is kind of off-topic
      but I had to ask. Does building a well-established website such as yours require a large
      amount of work? I'm brand new to blogging however I do write in my journal everyday. I'd like to
      start a blog so I will be able to share my personal experience and views online.
      Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tips
      for new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate it!

      Stop by my page; best cellulite treatment

      ReplyDelete